If you’re experiencing morning sickness, there’s simply no better option to start the day with than this honey, lemon and ginger tea. Ginger is proven to help reduce the effects of nausea and morning sickness, and with the extra kick of honey and lemon, this tea might just be your taste buds’ new best friend.
- Boiling water
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon
- 1 tablespoon raw organic honey, plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Put ginger in a teapot or medium bowl. Pour 1 cup of boiling water over it and let steep for at least 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a mug combine lemon juice and honey (and cayenne pepper, if using.) Strain the ginger tea into the mug. Stir to dissolve the honey. Taste and add more honey or lemon if you like.
Image and recipe reprinted with permission from www.theironyou.com and www.healthyaperture.com